Keeping You at Home
Abode provides the highest quality of health care within the home, allowing our patients and their families to remain in a familiar and comfortable environment. Whether the focus is rehabilitation, recovery from acute illness, chronic disease management, or end‑of‑life care, Abode’s thoughtful and highly-skilled professionals deliver appropriate, carefully-planned, and personalized services at home.
One unique and desirable feature of home care is that it allows for patient-centric care. This means that patients and families remain in charge of their environments and actively involved in all aspects of their care. From care planning to self-care, the patient and family/caregivers work on equal footing with other members of the health care team to ensure that care is appropriate and meaningful to the individuals being served.
At Abode, we value the rights and responsibilities of our patients and take our own responsibilities very seriously. We are committed to providing informed and competent care that acknowledges and respects the beliefs and wishes of our patients and their families.
In this constantly changing health care environment, it is important for patients to have access to the most effective treatments and approaches to care. Abode has the resources to ensure that our staff has the training and tools they need to keep up with industry best-practice standards and to deliver the most advanced and effective treatments that can be provided safely in the home.
Home Health Services
What is Home Health?
Home health is a program that treats illness and injury in the home setting. Patients may be referred from home or returning home from the hospital. They may be acutely or chronically ill, recovering from surgery or injury, or be temporarily or permanently disabled. In any case, home care offers a wide range of services tailored to address each patient’s specific needs and aimed at returning each patient to the highest level of wellness, functioning, and independence possible.
Who pays for home health services?
Abode Healthcare accepts Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance and other forms of reimbursement. We will be happy to discuss your particular situation and to contact the patient’s insurer to ask about home health coverage.
What specific services do Abode home health agencies provide?
- Abode’s home health agencies provide a variety of services in accordance with physician orders. Services include:
- Patient assessment and ongoing monitoring of the patient’s condition
- Coordination of care with the physician and other providers
- Medication management, monitoring, and administration
- Provision of treatments such as wound care, nutrition therapy, and pain management
- Patient and family education
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Social work services
- Personal care assistance
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Home safety instruction, including the use of assistive devices
- Chronic disease management for conditions such as diabetes, congestive heart failure and COPD
Abode has a highly skilled team of professionals that work together with the patient and physician to plan and deliver individualized care. Team members include:
- Skilled Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses
- Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants
- Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Home Health Aides
Who qualifies for home health services?
Qualification for home health depends on the payer source, but usually requires that:
- The patient be confined to the home on a temporary or permanent basis
- The patient’s physician’s gives an order for care
- The patient needs care by a skilled professional
- The ordered care is reasonable and necessary to treat the patient’s condition
- Services can be safely delivered at home on an intermittent basis
Please contact our main location or your local Abode home health agency to speak with someone about the home health benefits available to you. We are happy to answer any questions you might have and to help you get the services you need. Contact us to learn more.